About the Work
This photograph won first prize at the Wellington Inter-Colonial Exhibition in 1896 and the Bronze Medal Calcutta in 1898
Image 165 x 369mm
black & white photograph
Landscape with road. Wooden fence on the left with a small wooden hut. On the right of the road is a row of telegraph poles and a couple of roofs just visible above the vegetation. The road is unsealed.
Collection of the Sarjeant Gallery Te Whare o Rehua Whanganui. Gift of Mary Powell, Marjorie Marshall and Harold Denton, 1965.
28 May 1965